Saturday 7 July 2007

The Lo I have posted today is one made of my mother in law, I caught her in mid sentence telling my nephew James to stop taking photos of her, I like people talking when I photograph them, in Ste mum case talking is what she is famous for but I find the photos are more natural than posed ones, yes you do have to take many shots to get a few nice ones but some times you catch an expression that captures your models personality. This LO was going to be a very light piece but the paper just seemed right for Ste's mum as her favorite colour is green.
The title is made by drawing round chipboard, first with a clicky pencil (remembering if you are drawing on the back of the paper the letter needs to be backwards) then on the backing letters I used a thick marker that does not show through to the front of the paper and cutting around the outside of that line, then stick the smaller letter on to the last. It leaves a nice even out line and is very effective in contrasting colours.

No comments: