Monday 11 June 2007

At Last

At last it is done, the cover for my scrapbook, I have enjoyed making it but I have missed scrapping.The ribbons are sewn in with the patchwork and the buttons and other embellishments added before it was quilted. The image below is the close up of the flower detail, the beaded button in the middle is the one I was saying about in an earlier post, it took over three hours to bead it, but worth it in the end.


This photo is of the side and the fastening showing the big eyelets and the photo below that is another flower, also on this cover I have used a coin and some charms. The binding turned out fab I was not sure how to do binding properly in the past I had tried but it looked naff. This was my first ever quilted project even thogh it might not been seen as proper quilting I think the arty treatment is in keeping with the use for it, as for quilting I may have another try but this time do a more traditional quilt.

No comments: